Seniors

cassidy | indiana county, pa photographer | seniors

By August 21, 2011 66 Comments

In an attempt to get things back to normal……meet Cassidy! Not only is she gorgeous-no really, look at those eyes, but she has such a fantastic personality! I typically have these sneak peek’s up much faster but due to recent activities, I’m a little behind in posting. Nonetheless, this is what beauty looks like from the inside out! 🙂

Shine on Cassidy! 🙂

contact me | like me on facebook |send me a tweet

• Jenna says:

I think you are a self righteous jackass. I’m certain you’ve never said anything bad about anyone and are free from sin. You hypocrite. I’m tired of you judgemental people and your BULLY BUZZWORD.

• Pedro Alicea says:

Came across your website from the news article where you turned away business due to your principles. I wanted to say that the pictures you took of the above girl were brilliant. The use of the natural lighting as a hair light really made the picture pop, just like a magazine. The framing of the young girl by with the use of the structure (some type of outside tarp with the lights?) brought everything to her. You really captured this young woman’s beauty. Great job!!!

• Larry says:

I am sure you have ruined the day for many negative, self serving people with what you have done, but I love it. We need more people like yourself in this world. And to Jenna who thinks you are a self rigtheous jackass, I have this to say: Hate is an injection you give yourself while you are waiting for the other person to die. You are my hero today Jen, good job.

• Rebecca says:

Jen, As someone who was bullied years and years ago in Middle school, thank you! What happened those years still upset me. I can’t imagine what would have happened if social media was so available. I know that I will never standby and not try to stop bullying, and I am glad that there are other people so willing to make a stand against it!

• d. young says:

Jen, I tend to look for heroes in everyday life. And today you’re my HeRO! The stand you took against the girls who were CyberBullies was awe inspiring! Please keep up the good work! And blessed be. Hugs

• d. young says:

@Jenna–I feel sorry for you. Your post was so negative that anyone who reads it understands that you JuSt DoN’t GeT iT. People do exist who don’t have anything bad to say about others. And people exist who have but regret it deeply. Intention is everything. And as far as I’m concerned Jen is a HeRo!

• Amanda says:

Way to go! It’s fabulous to know there are still people who are willing to stand up for what they believe in. 🙂

• Jen,

I see reading some of the comments above not everyone is on board. That is just the way it always will be, you can’t please everyone, all the time. BUT you certainly have the right to choose who you work. Being a photographer also, and the fact that I read what you did, and am writing now, should help you believe you’ve done, not only the right thing, but you took action, and that alone is the best thing.
    I stand and applaud you, for sticking to your guns and fighting back at the ‘bullies’ in a language they understand. I wish you continued successes in all you do!
    ~James

• Kelli says:

Came across your story on Yahoo News and I applaud your decision. You brought attention to the girls parents who had NO clue what their daughter was doing. Job well done! All it takes is one person to stop up and say stop!

• Kimberly Mingione says:

Learned of your stand against bullying on then news. Much love to you from Florida =)

• Matt says:

can’t help but think Jenna down there is either a troll or one of those “mean girls” who think tormenting someone is lots of fun. you keep telling yourself you’re blameless, Jenna, and maybe you’ll sleep well when the kid you mercilessly tease commits suicide. bullies are nothing but spineless little cowards who belittle others to feel better about themselves and never accept responsibility for the consequences. grow up, little girl.

and to Jen: you’re amazing. thank you.

• Raeanne- Clarion PA says:

Way to go! Major props and love for such a wonderful act of courage. =]

• Jen McKen, even though you say you’re not a saint, I believe you are an ANGEL. You are obviously a strong, compassionate person who actually takes a stand for what is right/wrong; oh, and that’s with knowing full well you may experience some backlash. But, that’s not what happened at all, was it?! I am SO heartened to see that the overwhelming majority of responses are in favor of your decision!! Our world desperately NEEDS more people like you to remind others to stand up for what is, quite simply, right and wrong. You, Jen McKen, are an inspiration!

• Jeff says:

Jen, thank you for taking such a courageous stand. Some kids are so mean and cruel. It is truly reaffirming when someone like you sends such an important message to those kids and their clueless parents.

• […] you look fantastic, but she won’t. In fact, she does make people look fantastic. Take a look at Cassidy or some of the other high school seniors she has […]

• Alexandra Marrero says:

Hey Jennifer. I had no idea this was going on until Anne Rice posted her lack of support for your decision on Facebook. I for one would like to say BRAVO!!! You did what was right by refusing to take their pics, but even more by alerting their parents to such behavior. Most parents are not aware of bullying by their children. If it were not for people like you, these schoolyard suicides we’ve been hearing about would grow in number. The criticisms may come, but you just remember doing what is right is never wrong, no matter whose opinion! Good job!