Personal-Everyday Chaos

1st day of 1st grade! | indiana county, pa photographer | personal

By August 31, 2011 16 Comments

Excuse me for a moment while I put on my “Mommy Goggles”. Just as everyone else on earth is posting pictures of their children’s first day of school…..it’s my turn!

My one and only daughter started her first day of 1st grade today. This year wasn’t as hard as last year (which you can read about here) -you know sending her off to Kindergarten was HARD (for mom anyway) so this year I tried to take it easy on the emotions and instead went all paparazzi on her while she got ready! Someday….she.is.going.to.hate.me!! I hope someday she appreciates it though-it sure does beat a picture of her standing at the bus stop! tee he he! πŸ™‚
1st day-31271st day-31421st day-31401st day-31731st day-32101st day-32241st day-32521st day-32831st day-32881st day-33121st day-32941st day-32981st day-3325
…………….sigh, her senior year will be here before I know it!

• Christle says:

Oh, what a cutie! πŸ™‚ Glad it wasn’t as hard for you as it was last year. I am so jealous of her beautiful wavy hair…mine’s straight as a pin!

• Jen O says:

I love these, Jen. She is the perfect combo of you and Greg. That first shot is so sweet. They grow too fast!

• AndreaBT says:

That doggy looks like he wanted to jump in her backpack with her. And I love the look on her face as she’s brushing her hair. She’s kind of “Mom…really. I’m BRUSHING MY HAIR. I do it EVERY DAY. Is it really necessary to document every moment of today?” πŸ™‚ Too stinkin’ cute. I had my own first grader (and 6th grader) go off on the big yellow bus a couple of weeks ago after several years of homeschooling, so I can relate to the feeling.

• I love these! I got a few of my son’s first day, but not getting ready (I was too rushed for that! ha!) She will definitely appreciate these when she’s older!! Great job!

• Chris R. says:

I love your pictures, Jen. You capture the best moments. The shoe and the dad pics, just about made me cry.

• chris says:

so wonderful! they’re priceless! and i don’t think she’s going to want to kill you… but will someday appreciate what a treasure these pics are!

• Christine Kiser says:

Jen, these photos are absolutely amazing, I don’t have any kids yet but my oldest niece just started 1st grade too, and I tried to imagine what it was like for her. You truly have an amazing talent!!

• Stacy says:

I love these! Too cute! πŸ™‚

• Meghan says:

Love them, Jen! Your daughter is gorgeous! Your house is beautiful and I LOVE that the bus comes right to you!! For us California Moms, that’s straight out of a postcard. πŸ™‚ I have a first grader too. They are awesome! πŸ™‚

• Rosanna Victorino says:

Pretty baby. So lucky to have a principled mom who can take great pictures of her growing up years. How about that! She surely will appreciate those photos when she is old. Nice home, peaceful surrounding. Seems to me a happy family! God Bless your family!!!

• Kim Iskra says:

Jen, she is gorgeous. My oldest graduated last year (I have 3 girls) and my baby is in 7th grade. You are so right, the years will go by so fast! Enjoy those years, they will give you and your husband so much joy! Thank you for sharing with us.

• Bev Schweigert says:

She has grown up sooo much this year! Just adorable!

• Irene says:

What a great idea!!!! I wish I saw this before my kids first day. I did the obligatory “at the bus stop” shots. But these are so much better. My youngest started Kindergarten!!! :((((( I now SOO wish I would have captured all the details instead!!!! Seriously, I am BUMMED.

Maybe I’ll have to do this for the first “second” week of school! LOL!!!!!

• Ginger says:

I love the first day of school pictures. How clever! I will do it next year for sure.. So sorry I didn’t see them yesterday. BTW Great for you to stand up for your convections.. Bless you.

• […] Here’s the post from kindergarten and 1st grade……. […]

• […] Day of Kindergarten First Day of 1st Grade First Day of 2nd Grade First Day of 3rd Grade First Day of 4th Grade First Day of 5th […]