Meet Kyle! He was such a good sport at the shoot <–see what I did there! haha! We wanted to incorporate his love of Baseball into some of his senior photos but we didn’t want them to be the cheesy pictures that we’re all used to from our elementary school days. I drug out my off camera flash and we headed down to the field for a few shots. Below are a few tips on trying to get some amazing sports shots for your upcoming session.
Tips for incorporating Sports/Hobbies into your images:
- Plan ahead when incorporating sports/hobbies, etc. Bring along any necessary props that you might want to use in the photos, even if you don’t think we’ll use it, bring it along anyways!
- Let’s go “there”…..to the place where you actually play the sport. It will serve as a great atmosphere for your images.
- Bring your entire uniform, not just your jersey so that we can use it. Sometimes this may mean getting permission from the school or a coach. Just don’t wait until the last minute to ask.
- We usually photograph these shots at the end of your session that way if we end up getting dirty doing some action shots, we’ve already finished the first 1/2 of the shoot.
- Get into character. Of course we will take a few smiling shots…but we’ll also take a few “bad ass” shots.
Kyle was recently awarded the Indiana County Sports Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete Scholarship for Blairsville High School and he’ll be attending Penn State in the fall.
I love the sky in this shot!
I love the use of light thru the fence for these shots.
And of course we’ll take a few “regular” shots before hand. These are a few of Kyle that we shot before heading to the field