3 things that make for AMAZING photos when it rains on your wedding day!
I think it’s every Bride’s fear that it will rain on their wedding day. I ain’t skurred. haha!n Relax…I’m a professional! And I get it that having someone tell you “rain is good luck” on your wedding day isn’t going to make you feel better BUT, I’m here to tell you I think you should embrace the rain. The components of a good photo are three things: a good attitude, being flexible (not like yoga flexible but go-with-the-flow flexible) and lighting. If you give me those three things, I can make magic happen in any situation. The good attitude has to come from your end, flexibility on both of our ends…and the good lighting comes from your photographers end! I’ve shot well over 300 weddings and I know how to look for the light. This ain’t my first rodeo!
Three things that make amazing photos-at least in my opinion:
1. A good attitude: there are some things that just aren’t able to be edited out of an image…a stank face is one of them! hahaha! But seriously, if you have a good attitude and you trust the professional you hired (they are professional-right?!?) they will be able to give you amazing images.
2. Being Flexible with our plans/timeline: Having a plan B always helps. In this case, we had planned to go to a different location but as soon as the rain started….we went to plan B because we were flexible. This is something your photographer should talk over with you before hand.
3. Good Lighting: I can made a dumpster look amazing with some good light! Sometimes that means natural light from that big yellow think in the sky and sometimes that means we bring our own lights to get the job done. The point is, good light is the key. I would take a dumpster with good light than a cliff in Iceland with horrible light. Wait- maybe! haha! You catch my drift!
Relax….I’m a professional! hahaha!
Look on the brighter side:
1.Usually when it’s raining it’s not humid…here in SWPA, we all KNOWWWW how horrific the humidly can be-and with humidity comes the bugs.
2. The rain makes the colors more saturated. Do you know in Hollywood they always water down the streets so that it looks wet-it’s called a wet down, pay attention next time because you can’t unsee it! Water is used as a light augmentation. Wet surfaces reflect more light and has greater saturation and hence it gives it a ‘pop’ and separates it from the background. So when it rains on your wedding day-feel like a movie star!
3. It’s moody and romantic…and there’s something a little mysterious about it sometimes!
4. It forces us to be creative which sometimes results in unique photos that no one else would have!
I love this shot AND allllll the little rain drops!!
The flower girl and ring bearer may have stolen the show!
I mean…….look at them…would ya just look at them!
I am in love with these shots!!!
and of course….the classic end of the night shot! LOOVE!!!