5 Fun things about their wedding:
- They were married on the Groom’s parents property. Next door there’s a field that they may build a home one day. If you look at the images below you’ll see the very spot. I love that they have a photo there! AND…we caught the most amazing sunset.
- Everyone brought a different pie. They had entire table full of different types of Pies. Fun fact…Sweet Potato Pie is Skyler’s favorite!
- They had Luigis Restaurant cater their reception. The lasagna was AMAZING!! I’m sure all the neighbors could smell it with envy! If you’re a local and are familiar with their food, you’ll know how good it is!
- Her Grandfather has been the “ice cream scooper” at every single party she has had growing up and he got to be the “scooper” at her wedding!
- They included Conan (their furbaby) in their wedding…and he wore a bow tie.
COVID/ Pandemic Backyard Wedding
This was the sign that hung at the bottom of the road welcoming guests.
I had watched the weather all week and it was calling for rain but a few days before hand the forecast changed to 80 degrees and sunny with a little breeze. It was the perfect outdoor wedding weather!
I love the lighting in this shot. The sun was peeking just over the tops of the trees in the background, I love that I caught the lens flare.
Isn’t he such a well behaved boy! This is Conan and that is his bow tie! <3
The field <3 There’s another shot of that same field with a sunset below.
Wee….a little dress twirl before dinner is served.
A perfect location for a wedding reception!
The cake…..before it was invaded with kid fingers! hahaha!
The toasts and prayer.
The first dance!
I love how the breeze caught her veil during the cake cutting!
The ice cream scooper!!!! <3
Did I mention that we caught the best sunset!
Cue the sparklers….
This was the very last shot I took of the evening. I’m picturing this as the last spread in their album! HUGE across 2 pages!
I mentioned in the first blog that it wasn’t the wedding she ORGINALLY planned but I believe the most beautiful stories came from a re-written one. Congratulations to the two of you!! Thank you for trusting me enough to document your big day in the middle of a world wide pandemic. This will be a wedding I talk about for many years to come and will go into my “confessions of a wedding photographer” book someday I’ll write after I retire! hahaha!