“Last holiday season, Kristen Kalp, started a little charity project for the holidays. It began with a simple idea: that one family, who couldn’t otherwise afford her photography, would receive goods and/or services for Christmas. People would nominate someone they thought could use the gift on her blog, and a winner would be chosen by Xmas eve.
From there, the project grew into a worldwide effort, with nearly a hundred photographers agreeing to have similar giveaways for families in need. Nearly $565,000 worth of photography services have been donated so far. It’s a simple, 100% voluntary way to give a little back this holiday. If you like the idea as much as I do, then give it a little love on your blog, and maybe even join up to donate as well. So whaddya say?” www.givingisgreat.com
I too, am joining in on the efforts. I grew up with teenage parents- My mom was 15 and my dad was 17 when I was born. I know what it’s like to grow up without all the riches of the world and having to skimp on some things in order to make sure there were others. My parents worked hard to raise my sister and me and I’m proud of where I have ended up in this world. So, I feel like this is a full circle moment for me. ThanksGIVING is a few days away and I want to GIVE away one complimentary photo shoot ALONG WITH the digital files and a hard back coffee table book of your session to a family within Indiana County, PA who otherwise may have not been able to afford custom photography this time of the year or because of the tough economic times. That is over a $1,000 value!
What’s the catch? There is no catch! Nominate someone/a family you feel deserves to receive the free session for X-Y or Z reasons. Email nominations to me and I will be picking a winner by Christmas Eve. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rules and Eligibility:
- Nominations must be received by December 18, 2009 (email@example.com)
- Nominations must list WHY this individual/family should receive the complimentary custom photography shoot.
- The shoot must take place in Indiana County, PA in March-April of 2010.
- The shoot is for one family/couple/individual-no large groups or events.
- Please don’t nominate yourself-if the person you choose is nominated YOU too will receive $200 worth of services/products.
- Don’t forget contact information for yourself and the person you’re nominating.
Help me GIVE-Spread the Word!!!